Join our team!
KCS Public Relations is Seeking an Experienced Communications Coordinator.
The communications coordinator, under the general supervision of the communications manager, will assist in the tactical implementation of a strategic communications plan for an industrial client. As part of the strategic communications plan, the communications coordinator will be responsible for assisting the communications manager in launching an internal communications department that will focus on promoting a culture of occupational safety and health.
To apply for the communications coordinator position, send a cover letter, your resume, and three writing samples (i.e., video scripts, news articles, event scripts, etc.) and three social media/web samples (i.e., Facebook posts, website posts, posters, flyers, ads) to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 4, 2019.
Proposed Minimum Salary: Commensurate with experience
Job Location: Gregory/Portland, Texas
Job Type: Full-time salaried exempt, project-based position
- Serves as secondary point of contact for the communications department
- Responsible for the tactical implementation of the strategic communications plan
- Assists the communications manager with developing strategies and messaging
- Oversight of a communications assistant and intern
- Connects with site employees and contractors through creative, fun, and engaging activities
- Responsible for content procurement, production, and distribution
- Write, edit, design, and produce internal safety communications in print and digital formats
- Proof, edit, and update information on employee intranet and website
- Gather and maintain project stakeholder list
- Responsible for meeting coordination, attendance, and information maintenance
- Responsible for social media engagement and monitoring
- Responsible for media monitoring and reporting
- Produce podcast and audio/visual materials
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field
- Three to five (3-5) years of communications and/or marketing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Illustrator, and Outlook)
- Proficient in digital and social media platforms (e., Facebook, MailChimp, mass text messaging platforms, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others
- Ability to critically think, problem solve, and take the initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Master’s degree in public relations or communications, or related field
- Five (5) years of communications and/or marketing experience
- Experience with video, photography, and audio equipment
- Some graphic design capabilities
- Job location will be on an active construction site where the employee will be susceptible to random drug testing and required to attend safety trainings.
- The position is classified as security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation and background check. Employment is contingent upon verification of credentials and/or other information required by the client.
- KAILO COMMUNICATIONS STUDIO, LLC dba KCS PUBLIC RELATIONS is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant because of age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, results of genetic testing, or any other protected class.